From the integrity of the seed to the health of the soil, to harvesting and drying herbs that are potent and fresh … we strive to work in “right relationship” with the land, and to deliver the highest quality herbs to you. Here are the practices we integrate on our farm.
- We use organic and heirloom seeds and plants only.
- We use organic, compost based seed starting mix that is full of life.
- We weed, harvest and process herbs all by hand.
- We rely on Mother Nature for watering mostly, and have drip irrigation for back up.
- We follow ethical wildcrafting practices for the “wild” herbs that live here.
- Our herbs are dried in our solar powered, covered greenhouse and drying shed.
- We plant pollinator friendly plants for our pollinator friends and insectary plants to attract beneficial parasitic and predatory insects
- We give back to the land through regenerative agriculture practices : no-till farming, sheet mulching and adding healthy soil amendments (compost , green manure and nitrogen rich cover crops).
- As of 1/10/18, our herbs are Certified Naturally Grown*. (The Grassroots Alternative to Certified Organic”, is a US-based farm assurance program certifying produce, livestock and apiaries for organic producers who sell locally and directly to their customers).